State and local tax policies continue to depart from the Federal treatment of items as well as one another. This often leaves the multistate compliance burden on the Taxpayer to successfully navigate each states’ differing treatment for the same item. This complexity consumes your time, money and leaves you or your business with additional risk.
LG Legacy Group’s professionals are constantly monitoring state developments across the U.S throughout the year. We are always looking for ways in which new laws, interpretations and/or court cases can impact our clients and which are presenting new opportunities.
State and local tax compliance has many angles to consider. Below are just some of the services we can offer to you, your family and/or your business:
- Project assistance during peak workloads and with special projects such as amended return preparation resulting from federal audit changes
- Nexus and tax exposure analysis
- Voluntary disclosure and/or amnesty agreements
- Protective refund claims
- Audit representation
- Apportionment analysis and planning
- Tax planning and use of special purpose entities
- ASC 740 analysis and documentation (previously FAS 109)
- Sales/Use Tax
- Credits and Incentives
- Site selection and incentives negotiation
- Incentive package evaluation
- Credits and incentives application management